Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pretty Summer Projects

I've started painting on fabric and I love it! This is an experimental table cloth...I used Italian linen (are you surprised?) and acrylic paints that were mixed with a special solution.  Then I washed and ironed to make sure it was color fast.  Kind of pretty, don't ya think?
This is one of my inspiration boards which I made on the cheap thanks to Office Depot.  I painted the ugly frame pink using some of my acrylic paints so I could mix the exact color I wanted.  It's crammed full of promos and brochures that are colorful and whimsical...and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
A collage of French fashion photos....in preparation for the "magazine" I am designing for friends.
More inspiration, this time I hung a wire over my fireplace and used tiny clothes pins to attach images that inspire me with their color and subject matter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails