Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Peaceful Noel

My dears, Christmas is almost upon us. How will you be celebrating?

The Olive branch, a sure symbol of peace.  I adore this photo of prayerful hands tied with ribbons and olive branches. From the Christmas 2010 issue of Jeanne D'Arc Living magazine where there is always an abundance of French inspired design tips. See more photos from the Christmas issue here.
For the past 15 years the LaVigna girls have enjoyed sitting on that very park bench (above) in The Plaza in the center of Santa Fe, New Mexico. But, we are usually there on a bright autumn day, people watching, eating chocolates from Todos Santos! I love to see the park in this winter white photo where silence and peace abound (probably taken just before sunrise, as this park is usually bustling with people). Found here.
This giant head of Jesus Christ is waiting to be attached to the body of the Jesus statue on the hill. Such a cool  photo!!  According to the builders of this statue, when completed, this will be the biggest statue of Jesus Christ in the world. Constructed in the Polish countryside, near a small town of 20,000 people, it's sure to draw lots of worshipers and tourists to his side. Read more about it here.

2 comments:

Carmela LaVigna Coyle said...

And I love the olive branche photo. I need an olive tree! The flickr images of Christmas sum up all the magic--such a feast for the eyes. I wish we had taken a photo of mom's table vignette. I want to live in her table vignette and I want to be a resident of her eclectic village on the sill. :) Nicely done, Thee!

Thea said...

Yes, and I wish I had taken a photo of the way she had our little gifts arranged on the tray. So festive, like little gems.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails