Monday, August 04, 2008

Perfect Imperfection


I love rock walls, we have an affinity. Retaining walls, stone fences, and decorative borders inlaid with stones or rock catch my eye every time and I always swoon. I snapped a shot of this one a few weeks ago while on excursion in Silverthorne, CO. It's a detail of a retaining wall on Highway 9 (I find lovely walls in the oddest of places). I'm attracted to this one's juxtaposition, the abstract composition, the gaps, the craters and shadows....I love how it is so perfectly imperfect, like so many of us are.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

That is a great photo of the rock formations! Thanks for your lovely message. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Now that I've found your blog, will be back to visit more often!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails