Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Living with Art, my house


I frequent the thrift stores and here's a sampling of some of the things I have gathered over the years. The collage upper left was made from found magazine scraps which I touched up with a bit of my own artistry; you can't see it in the photo, but I made a small paper "bowl" and attached it to the bottom - my first try at 3D collage! The photo of the Venus statue was taken for Christmas 2007; the fake pearls she wears are one of my favorite thrift store finds. The "Island girl" bust has some wonderful rustic chips on her and it was nice to know I rescued her from a certain demise. And last, but not least of all, we've honored the sweet but small vintage bust with her very own bejeweled crown, somehow she just screams "royalty". Call me sentimental. More later.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails