Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sculpture at Twilight

Last night, I took my niece and nephew for a stroll through the Denver Botanic Gardens.  It was awe inspiring to see the massive work of Sculptor, Henry Moore mingled with the lush garden scenery.  Between the 3 of us, we must have taken over a hundred photos. 

Here are a few twilight shots from my Nikon CoolPix of the outdoor exhibit.  I think, considering I'm not a photographer, that they turned out very interesting, and I'll tell you why.  On this outing, I also received a valuable photography lesson from my nephew, when he offered up some intelligent advice to his auntie.

  Here's how it went down: I exclaimed (with great frustration) "It's so beautiful, my photos never do it justice!", to which he replied, "Don't try to capture exactly what you are seeing, don't try to make the photo into a  memory, but instead arrange what you are seeing in an interesting way." 

So, perhaps, that's what has happened here.  I took these photos focused on making each frame interesting, and magically, they're not bad.  Thanks Nicky, great advice!

 

1 comment:

Carmela LaVigna Coyle said...

Yes they're beautiful photos! *Nicky, is brilliant, isn't he?) I think you're on to something. Now, if only our portraits....

(You forgot to mention he's a budding cinematograhper.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails