Monday, July 23, 2007

The Head Huntress.....


I'm a head hunter, but not of the corporate or Gilligan's Island variety. Instead, I like to hunt for the most unique and mildly amusing heads I can get my hands on (pun intended).
When I find a new addition for my collection of vintage heads she or he (yes I do this to the boy heads too) is quickly decorated with jewelry, flowers or scarfs; twigs, fresh fruit, or glass baubles. In the photo above you'll see my hand (pun intended, again) at a Carmen Miranda type head. This island girl was sad and heat exhausted until I added some florist foam and jammed her head full of bright red cherries from the local craft store. Once she was plunked down next to some cool blue candlesticks you could almost hear her sigh. I have 12 fun heads so far. Watch for them here as I gradually introduce you to them....

1 comment:

Carmela LaVigna Coyle said...

Beautiful!! You have such a talent for color!
Can't wait to see the other heads...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails